Innovate HR is doing a social media experiment this summer and we are seeking a student who has a passion for the world of SOCIAL MEDIA and can apply those skills within the world of HR.
The intern will work closely with the Chief Innovator to help support online marketing and communications campaigns for our company. Positions are paid and are offered to college students (undergraduate or graduate) as well as recent graduates. College credit may apply.
Specific internship duties include, but are not limited to:
- Website updates
- Monitor blogs, forums and social networks
- Contribute to company blog and to online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Highly motivated, undergraduate or recent graduate in good academic standing
- Preferably a marketing, communications, journalism or PR major
- Good problem-solving and inter-personal skills; professional demeanor
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, clients and the public
- Strong English language/grammar skills
- Expertise with WordPress or other communication mediums
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Mileage reimbursement to offset the cost of your commute to and from the office, if needed and when applicable
- College credit if your university allows
- Professional development in a challenging environment that prepares interns for full-time employment in a professional setting
- Opportunity to gain experience in areas of marketing, HR, data collection, analysis, and professional writing development
- You must “like” our page on Facebook and enter the contest via the Social Media Internship Contest Platform;
- Please post in one sentence on our page how employers can use social media to engage their employees in a positive way;
- The 5 intern candidates with the most “likes” by May 30, 2013 will be invited in for the final round of interviews in June 2013;
- Only one post her candidate will be considered- duplicate applications will be denied;
- Inappropriate language or visuals will be immediately disqualified and blocked.
Additional Rules Apply:
Once you are selected as the top “liked” post on Innovate HR’s Facebook page, we will notify you- how to submit the following:
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you want to intern at Innovate HR, your internship objectives and career goals
- Resume: Please list your complete educational and professional data and information about extracurricular activities
- 1-3 Social Networking Profiles: Examples of your work that best reflects your ideas and skills
Applications are accepted and processed through June 15, 2013. Deadlines may be extended until all position is filled.
Summer Term (late June through late August 2013)
Additional Fall/Winter Interships may be considered for candidates who are not available this summer.